Updated Homecoming Information
Due to school closure last week, Homecoming activities were postponed and have been rescheduled.
We will hold the Homecoming Carnival on Thursday, October 26th from 4:30-7:30 on the lower fields.
The home football games on Friday, October 27th against Jesse Bethel High School will be our Homecoming Football games and the Homecoming Queen and King will be announced at halftime of the varsity game.
The Homecoming Dance will be Saturday, October 28th in the gym.
If you purchased a Homecoming Dance ticket but are no longer able to attend the dance, we will allow refunds for one day only: tomorrow, Tuesday, October 17th at the Finance Office.
If you have not purchased a Homecoming Dance ticket and would like to do so, we will allow new ticket sales for one day only, and only up to the capacity of 920 total tickets sold.
This will be on a first come, first serve basis on Thursday, October 19th.
No new bids for guests will be allowed, only student ticket sales.
No tickets will be sold during class time.
If you have any questions, please email your Vice Principal or stop into the Main Office during lunch or after school.
In order to promote a healthy, safe, enjoyable evening for all students, the following procedures will be in place for this dance. All parents, students, and guests must read, understand, and sign this agreement. Also Benicia High School encourages families to discuss these rules together prior to the dance.
1. All Benicia High School rules and Benicia Unified District policies apply at the dance.
2. All guests must be under the age of 20 and middle school students may not attend. ALL Benicia High School students and their guests must complete the guest memorandum and are required to abide by all school rules and terms of the contract. Anyone exhibiting disruptive behavior will be removed from the dance, parents will be notified, and NO refunds will be given.
3. All Benicia High School students must present their BHS student identification cards when they enter the dance. All guests must present photo/school identification to enter the dance.
4. The dance will begin at 8 p.m. and end at 11:00 p.m. NO STUDENTS will be admitted after 9:00pm. The dance is held in the BHS gymnasium.
5. Once you enter the dance, you must remain in the building until you are ready to leave for the evening. When leaving, you must leave the facility grounds and may not return. No loitering is allowed in the parking lot.
6. Students who do not drive themselves to the dance must be picked up no later than 15 minutes (11:15 pm) after the end of the dance.
7. Students who dance in an inappropriate, lewd and lascivious dancing manner will be asked to leave the dance and will not receive a refund of the admission fee, nor will they be eligible to attend the next school dance. Rules for inappropriate dancing include, but are not limited to:
A. No straddling legs of your partner B. No dancing back to front; you must face your partner C. No touching of breasts, buttocks, or genitals D. Both feet on the floor E. Hands on waist or shoulders only F. No “moshing” G. No hands on the floor H. No multiple student “freak” dancing.
Appropriate dancing is up to the discretion of the chaperones and will not be debated. Parents will be notified if students have been directed to leave the dance.
8. For safety reasons dancers need to avoid excessive crowding together in the center of the dance floor. All students are to dance on the main dance floor and are not allowed on the stage.
9. Do not leave valuables unattended anywhere at the dance.
10. All dances are tobacco, alcohol and controlled substance-free activities. Random breathalyzer checks will be administered upon admittance to the facility. If a student is found to be under the influence, a parent will be contacted to take custody of his/her student. If the school is unable to contact a parent the student will be placed under the custody of the Benicia Police Department.
11. Non-student guests found to be under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance will be placed under the custody of the Benicia Police Department.
12. Dress requirements are stated in the Benicia High School dress code. The dress requirements will be enforced at the door. When in doubt, ask an administrator prior to the day of the dance
SEMI-FORMAL DRESS CODE Dress Standards for Young Men:
A. Pants must be worn appropriately. No sagging.
B. Shirts must remain on and tucked in for the entire dance.
C. No bandanas, chains, or canes.
Dress Standards for Young Women:
A. Dresses must be no shorter than fingertip length.
B. Bare midriffs and plunging necklines are not allowed.
C. The back of the dress may not be lower than the natural waistline.
D. No see-through material which exposes thighs, excessive cleavage, or midriff.
E. Slits may not be higher than fingertip length.