PSAT10 – Free Practice Opportunity for 10th grade Students
The PSAT 10 is a practice SAT exam for 10th grade students only. Tests will take place at school, during the school day, on Wednesday April 28th for in person Blue Group students, on Thursday April 29th for in person Gold Group students, and on Friday April 30th for virtual students. More information will be sent directly to the students and parents to confirm registration and plan for your testing date.
Please note, space is limited to 200 students. If we receive more than 200 registrations, we will accommodate students in the order that they registered.
Reasons to Take the PSAT10:
- It identifies their academic strengths and weaknesses early in high school, when there’s plenty of time to improve before college.
- It lets them know which Advanced Placement (AP) courses they’re most likely to do well in.
- It’s a great way to practice for the PSAT/NMSQT in 11th grade, which qualifies them for the National Merit Scholarship Program and a chance to win recognition and money for college.
- It’s a great way to practice for the SAT.
- Students can use their PSAT 10 score to get a free, personalized SAT practice plan through Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy®.
For more information about the PSAT10, please visit the College Board website (linked here). If you have any questions, please contact the Counseling Office at (707) 747-8334 or email BHSInfo@beniciaunified.org.
The PSAT10 is sponsored and paid for by the Benicia Education Foundation – there is no charge to students or their families.