BENICIA HIGH LIBRARY
Library Media Manager
Library Information & Policies
Food and Drink
Food and drinks are not allowed in the library. You can eat and drink in the two library outdoor areas.
7:50 am – 4:15 pm
Please return your books so other students can enjoy them too!
There are no late fees, but you will be responsible for the cost of a book if it is not returned by the end of the school year, or if it is lost or damaged.
You can print from any library computer. There is no charge for printing (within reason!).
Books are checked out for 3 weeks and can be renewed as many times as you would like.
Search for Library Books Here
eBook Mobile Log-In Directions
Checking out Ebooks:
- Download Destiny Discover APP from appropriate APP Store & open app
- Enter Benicia High School
- User Name is your Student ID number
- Password is your school computer password
Checkout or Read Your Ebook
- Click search to find a title
- Or…browse to just look
- Scroll to the bottom and tap “CHECKOUT” or “OPEN”
- Note the Due Date. Books will be automatically returned on due date.
- Books may be renewed as many times
California K-12 Digital Resources
Online content from Encyclopaedia Britannica, ProQuest research databases, and TeachingBooks.net are available — at school, at home, in libraries, on laptops, on phones — to all.
These three databases are provided for all California students from the California State Library.
Encyclopaedia Britannica (PreK-12)
A comprehensive interactive resource for research and learning for grades K-12. Includes correlations to California Content Standards and other valuable teacher resources. Post links directly to each school level, elementary, middle or high.
ProQuest (Grades 3-12)
- CultureGrams - Concise social, cultural, and political information on countries, U.S. states, and provinces around the world. (Grades 3-12)
- SIRS Discoverer - A general reference database providing safe, reliable, curriculum-aligned content and features for use by students and educators. (Grades 3-9)
- SIRS Issues Researcher - Pros and cons on 360+ (and growing) complex social issues with relevant, credible information that tells the whole story on the major questions of the day. (Grades 6+)
- eLibrary - Guided Research edition delivers one of the largest general reference collections of periodical and digital media content including more than 11,000 Research Topics (Grades 6+)
- eLibrary - Database Edition General reference aggregation of periodical and digital media content with editorial guidance for novice researchers. (Grades 6+)
- ProQuest Central Student - designed to bring instant results to users across thousands of journals, magazines, newspapers, videos, reports, and more. This resource brings together some of ProQuest's most used databases in education, humanities, psychology, science, social sciences, and news. (Grades 9+, IB, AP, College Prep)
- ProQuest Research Companion - a self-guided product that supports information literacy, writing, and research skills instruction.(Grades 8+)
- Schools & Educators Complete - eBook subscription database of over 13,000 titles that supports English Language Arts, Science, Math, Social Studies, Health, Physical Education, Information Literacy and Technology. (Grades 9+, possibly some content for Middle School, also includes professional development content for faculty)