The Class of 2018 Senior Information
Welcome Class of 2019! Our final year at Benicia High School has begun. We have so many fun filled events and activities planned in the upcoming months. We put together this informational page so you can keep track of all these important dates.
Contacts & Important Dates
Contacts / Location / Phone Numbers
|Benicia High School 747-8325|
|Principal, Ms. Kleinschmidt Main Office ext. 2307|
|School Office Manager, Ms. Feiglstok Main Office ext. 2313|
|Senior Class Advisor,|
|Class of 2018 Counselor, Ms. Guenther Counseling ext. 2109|
|Registrar, Ms. Tanner Counseling ext. 1312|
|Counseling Office Technician, Ms. Koutnik ext. 2111|
|Activities Director, Ms. Wheat M12 ext. 2907|
|ASB Bookkeeper, Mrs. Sapp A105a ext. 2324|
|Yearbook Advisor, B. Roddie ext 2114 – Rm H113|
|Jostens Representative, Dan Grobeck 1 (925) 283-9283|
|Senior Class President, Amanda Ajari|
|Messina Photography, Veronica Tieks 745-3600 or go to http://www.messinaphotography.com/senior_portraits.php|
Important Dates and Events
- September 14 – Senior Sunrise
- September 28 – Deadline for Senior Dedications in the yearbook
- October 4 – Financial Aid Night (PAB)
- October 5 – Senior Portraits -Deadline for senior portraits. Call Messina to set up an appointment.
- October 5 – Deadline for Senior Quotes (Yearbook)
- October 16 – College Info Night
- October 18 – Senior Panoramic Picture
- March 11 – Prom Tickets go on sale.
- March 15 – End of 3rd Quarter (Eligibility for Prom)
- March 29 – End of Prom Ticket Sales
- April 6 – Prom
- April 15 – April 22 Spring Break
- May 23 – Senior Awards Night
- May 30 – Senior Banquet
- May 31 – Step Down Rally / Powder Puff Football
- June 7 – Graduation Practice
- June 8 – Graduation Ceremony
Senior Class Memorandum of Understanding
As a senior at Benicia High School, you are a campus leader. We expect you to demonstrate exemplary behavior that reflects positively on BHS, as well as yourself, at all times. The memorandum of understanding is written to clearly articulate that participation in any school-sponsored activities, including Prom and the graduation ceremony, are a privilege.
As a condition to participate in these activities, you must meet the following requirements:
1. Be academically eligible.
2. Be on course for graduation by earning a minimum of 160 credits at the beginning of senior year and remain on track by earning a minimum of 190 credits by the beginning of the second semester.
3. You shall not be suspended for any Education Code violations of 48900 subsections A.1, A.2, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O P, Q, R, or S; 48900.2, 48900.3, 48900.4, 48900.7, 48915 subsections A.1, A.2, A.3, A.4, A.5, C.1, C.2, C.3, C.4, C.5 that results in a suspension of 3 days or more at any time during your senior year.
It is the responsibility of the student and the parent/guardian to familiarize themselves with the contents of these Educational Codes. More detailed information about these codes and infractions can be found in the BHS Discipline Grid or by going to the California Department of Education where you can find more detail about education codes around student discipline, suspensions and expulsions.
This memorandum serves as your notice that as a BHS senior you understand that should you be suspended at any time during your senior year, you may be ineligible to participate in any of the remaining school-sponsored activities, including Prom and/or the graduation ceremony.
Please Take Note: In the event of ANY suspension where the days of suspension exceed beyond the last day of school, the student is not allowed on campus and is not allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony.
To the parent: your initials on the registration signature page note acknowledgment of all of the above conditions in this memorandum.
It is the goal of the Benicia High School administration that every single Senior participate in the graduation ceremony on June 9th, 2018, in our new stadium. We highly encourage you to follow the school rules and Educational Codes set by the State of California so you can participate in an exciting and memorable day for you, your friends, and your family members.