The Class of 2018 graduation ceremony will be held at the newly renovated Drolette Stadium at Benicia High School on Saturday June 9, 2018 at 11:00am. The main gates will open at 9:00am, where tickets will be required for admission to the stadium and seating will be on a first come, first served basis.
Benicia High staff have been distributing assigned ticket packs containing seven tickets to each senior student’s parent/guardian. These packs must be picked up directly from the school, and a completed graduation ticket signature page (LINK HERE) is required to pick-up the tickets. If you have yet to pick up your tickets please do so in the BHS main office by June 5th. When picking your tickets up you will have the options of donating tickets you do not need to a lottery or signing up for the lottery to possibly receive up to two additional tickets.
We want to remind parents that we will be requiring all guests at the ceremony to be seated in the bleachers on either side of the field to maintain the safety and security of the event. We appreciate everyone’s support and understanding in keeping the event safe and preserving our new facility. For specific event information, please see the information below.
- GRADUATION BBQ – There will be a Graduation BBQ for all Seniors on Friday June 8th at 12:30 pm. This event is free and all seniors are encouraged to attend. The BBQ line starts on the basketball court behind the gym.
- GRADUATION PRACTICE – Graduation practice is on Friday June 8th at 1:00 pm. This is a mandatory practice all seniors must attend in order to participate in the ceremony on Saturday. Seniors must report to the gym no later than 1:00 pm.
- CAPS & GOWNS – Caps and gowns are required for all graduates. Online ordering has ended and is no longer available. Students who still need a cap, gown, and tassel must purchase them from Jostens in-person and with cash only. A representative from Jostens will be in the main gym from 8:30 am to 9:30 am graduation day. The cost is $50 and must be paid in cash only when picking up your cap and gown.
- GRADUATION DAY – All graduates must arrive to the BHS gym no later than 9:45 am the day of graduation. Stadium gates open for guests at 9:00 a.m. and the ceremony begins promptly at 11:00 a.m. Each ticket is for general admission of one individual age 5 and above and guests 4 and under may enter without a ticket. There will be absolutely NO ENTRY for any person 5 and above who does not possess a school-issued ticket. There is no re-entry to the stadium so please make sure you have all needed items with you when you enter.
- PARKING – Parents, students and guests can park in any of the three main Benicia High School parking lots:
-  Staff lot adjacent to Plaza De Oro
-  Upper student lot behind the school and adjacent to the stadium (only accessible from Plaza De Oro)
-  Lower student lot below the gym, accessible from Denfield Ave
There are approximately 500 first come, first served parking spots available. Historically the school does not have enough spots to adequately park all guests, however there is off-campus city parking in most adjacent neighborhoods. Benicia Grad Night reserved parking is located on the third tier of the upper student parking lot.
- HANDICAP PARKING – The entire Mary Farmar Elementary School parking lot has been allocated for our handicapped guests. Benicia Police will be at the entrance to Mary Farmar (near Military West) to assure vehicles entering that lot have a handicap placard or license plate. There are also six handicap parking spots directly adjacent to the stadium in the upper student parking lot.
- HANDICAP SEATING – The stadium is fully ADA compliant and features 33 stalls for guests with physical disabilities including wheelchairs. Each stall has a single companion seat next to it.
- GRADUATION DAY GUEST POLICIES – As guests of Benicia Unified School District and Benicia High School, the following policies must be followed before, during, and after our graduation ceremony:
- No reserved seating. The use of blankets, tape, signs, or other personal items to reserve seats at any time is prohibited.
- Outside chairs and seating cannot be brought into the stadium (with the exception of stadium bleacher cushions designed to sit on top of the bleacher itself).
- Guests must refrain from using horns or loud noise makers as they can interfere with the next family hearing their student’s name.
- Large signs/pictures, and signs/pictures on sticks are not permitted in the stadium as they can block the view of others.
- Umbrellas and canopies are not permitted in the stadium as they can block the view of others.
- Chewing gum is not permitted in the stadium.
- High heels cannot be worn on the track and field by graduates as they damage the surface. (Platform shoes with wide, flat footprints are permitted).
- Following the conclusion of the ceremony, parents and guests are not permitted on the track/field. Students will leave in a processional that ends in the gymnasium where diplomas will be handed out. Please make plans with your graduate ahead of time to meet outside of the stadium. There are many beautiful places around campus to meet, take pictures, and celebrate.